Welcome to SPB
Established by the State Constitution, the State Personnel Board (SPB) is charged with overseeing the merit-based, job-related recruitment and selection process for the hiring of state employees who provide critical services to the citizens of California. SPB provides direction to departments through simplifying civil service laws, rules, and policy. In addition, SPB audits departments for merit system compliance.
SPB also investigates and adjudicates alleged violations of civil service law which are filed by employees, applicants, and members of the public.
- State Personnel Board Elects New Officers for 2015
- 2014 Legislative Summary
- 2013 Legislative Summary
- Notice of Intention to Amend the Conflict of Interest Code
- 2014 Report to the Legislature, Compliance Review and Special Investigation Activities
- CalHR Issues Napa Earthquake Information for State Employees
- New and Revised Appeals Forms Now Available
- SPB's Amended Conflict of Interest Code
- Rule 250 FAQs
- New SPB Policy Memo Searchable Database Now Available